Sunday, June 23, 2013

Bangkok

Arrived in Bangkok.  I neglected to take a photo of the message card with my name that the person who was waiting for us at the airport had in his hand.  Actually, the message card had two names as follows:


JOHN LIM
JOHN BRUIN

Needless to say, I figure no one else in this world could possibly have such an unique combination of names so the greeter was obviously looking for me.  Indeed, "Nut" was the person who picking us up at the airport.  After freshening up and relaxing a bit, we went out to dinner later that night.  I am not one who constantly takes photos of bathrooms and the interiors of restaurants but the Ban Chiang restaurant was rather unique.


 Copies of Botero paintings adorned the walls 

 The bathrooms were among the best I have seen in Asia

 Yet another Botero print in the bathroom

The stairs up to the second floor had prints of Elvis and James Dean


Part of the dining room


Teri by a Seurat print

I do not know the artist of these prints but I like them a lot






No comments:

Post a Comment