Sunday, June 23, 2013

Night Market in Bangkok

We went to one of the night markets in Bangkok  The site of this particular night market was a row of abandoned warehouses.  Converted to a night market, the area is now thronged with shoppers every night. Teri found some interesting trinkets to buy there.  Alas, I did not find anything to spend my Thai Baht on.  Oh well, so it goes.


A ferris wheel by the Night Market

James and my Mom on the promenade by the river

Teri, "Nut, James and my Mom

The night market as seen from the river

Another view of the night market

Bangkok is famed for its "ladyboy" shows.  The shows 
are akin to what the old Finocchio's Club on Broadway 
used to present during its heyday.  Even though "Nut"
described it as a family friendly show, we were not 
convinced that my Mom would enjoy it.  Thus we 
passed on the opportunity to visit the Calypso Club. 

No comments:

Post a Comment