Thursday, June 13, 2013

On My Way to SFO

Lewis Carroll wrote the following:




But for me, it is time to talk about going to San Francisco International Airport.  We will be flying on a Cathay Pacific Boeing 777-300 which will be a first for me.  In all of my previous trips abroad, whether it was to Europe or to Asia, I have always flown on a Boeing 747.  In theory, the 777 will allow for slightly more elbow room.  Instead of the usual 3-4-3 across seating configuration on a 747, the 777 has a 3-3-3 cross seating configuration.  We shall see if there is indeed more room or not.  



One important feature of the 777 is that each seat has an AC power outlet.  The AC power will be handy to keep all of our electronic devices fully charged.  Another nice feature is that the personal entertainment system at each seat uses a touch screen for navigation. The touch screen eliminates the old clunky wired remote that I found cumbersome to use.  



Due to our flight crossing the International Date Line, we will arrive in Hong Kong at 6:30 am Saturday, June 15.

Well, after much thought, I have managed to pack everything into a backpack for essential stuff that I cannot afford to lose if the airline should lose my checked luggage, a 22 inch carry-on bag for clothes and what not, and my messenger bag with all of my electronic devices including a MacBook Air, headphone, camera, iPhone, etc. and an old fashioned book during the time periods when all electronic devices are to be turned off on the airplane.


No comments:

Post a Comment