Sunday, June 23, 2013

Floating Market

We also went to a floating market near Bangkok.  I will admit that I was not overly excited about the prospect but as "Ratt", our guide, highly recommended it, I readily agreed.  After all, I should heed the advice of the local residents as to what to do.  Thus off we went into the boats to visit the floating market.  

But before we went to the boat, we enjoyed a liquid 
refreshment of coconut juice using the authentic Thai straws 
seen in the photo.   After we finished the juice, we used little 
spoons to scoop out the coconut meat.  


e
Everyone enjoying the coconuts.  As I am taking the photos,
I am not in the photo and it is not an indication that I 
did not enjoy the coconut.  :-)

We are now off and running in the boat.  The boat ride to and from
the floating market would take approximately one hour.  The cost 
for all six of us was 1,000 baht or about $30 USD. 

A local resident paying absolutely no attention to our boat

Altars as seen from our boat.  I wondered if I could buy an
altar and place it on my front lawn.  Add a couple of full 
size terra cotta warriors as sentinels, I will have a unique front lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment