Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Aunt's 100th birthday celebration

The primary reason for us visiting Hong Kong was to help celebrate my Aunt's 100th birthday.  According to her, she is actually 101, not 100, but who's counting after you reach the century mark?

Here are two photos of some of the celebrants at the banquet we hosted in Hong Kong for my Aunt's "any birthday".  IMHO, my Aunt looks pretty darn good for being 100 something.  Other than being deaf in one ear and feeling aches and pains in her right leg, she is still very healthy.  In fact, she was boasting to me that her doctor finds her to be very fit at each quarterly physical.  I attribute her good health to having to walk up and down the stairs to her sixth floor apartment daily since the building does not have an elevator. 



Hmmm, I wonder if I have inherited her longevity genes or not?  BTW I was able to beat my Aunt up the stairs to her sixth floor apartment whereas she had to pause at the top of each flight of stairs.  Needless to say, I had to do my victory jig after I easily beat my Aunt.  :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment